Sunday, October 5, 2014

Michael Phelps’ again in the limelight for getting arrested

The Olympic champion Michael Phelps was arrested for the second time on DUI charges early Tuesday in his hometown of Baltimore. This was repeated embarrassing situation for a swimmer who came out of retirement this year with his sights set on competing at the Rio Games.



Phelps issued an apology that sounded very familiar to the ones he made after a drunken-driving arrest a decade ago, as well as when a British tabloid published a photograph in 2009 that showed him using a marijuana pipe.

“I understand the severity of my actions and take full responsibility,” Phelps said in a statement. “I know these words may not mean much right now but I am deeply sorry to everyone I have let down.”

Source: Michael Phelps’ again in the limelight for getting arrested Retrieved from https://socialdashboard.com/soapbox/michael-phelps-again-in-the-limelight-for-getting-arrested/

No comments:

Post a Comment